HUT Consulting Updates NYCLA on COVID’s Impact
Harumi Urata-Thompson addressed members of the NYCLA Continuing Legal Education Institute at the 44th Annual Civil Trial Practice Institute in April 2021, again in an online forum due to the overhang of the pandemic.
Within a full day of panel discussions, Harumi appeared alongside other experts to speak to the specifics surrounding COVID-19’s impact on technology and security issues for small firms. Harumi was reunited (virtually, that is) with Mark Rosen, Esq., Brooklyn Law School, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, amongst others.
NYCLA’s Continuing Legal Education Institute set up this program to inform the public, lawyers, corporations and national security practitioners about:
- how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted litigating commercial and personal injury cases;
- the use of technology, including the benefits and concerns;
- the ethical ramifications of the “new normal;”
- how law firms are dealing with/reacting to, the crisis situation;
- and what are the implications for the future.