Harumi on Cybersecurity and the Legal Sphere
Harumi Urata-Thompson is often asked to present to members of the NYCLA Continuing Legal Education Institute. This time in an online webinar, Harumi appeared alongside a panel of respected experts at NYCLA’s Sixth Annual program.
Using a panel format comprised of all-star experts in their fields, the program looked today’s ever changing technological climate, the threat of cyberwarfare and hacks, the impact of COVID-19, as well as the changing role of the attorney and law firm.
Panels in the program included:
- Cyber Security and Crime: How to Understand the Threat to Your Firm and Client
- The Intelligence Community Under Attack: The Risk to National security; whistleblowers and Why we Need Them
- COVID and the Changed Workplace: How to Has Affected the Employer and Employee
- National Security and Counterterrorism in the 2020’s: Prosecuting Terrorism Cases; Investigating National Security Cases; The Mind of a Domestic Terrorist
- Pandemic Response and National Security: Deployment of thee Military; Legality of Quarantine Orders; How to Fight COVID-19
- The Changing Supreme Court: Animus at 1 First Street NE, Washington DC
- Lies, Deceit and Fake News: How it Impacts National Security
- Homeland Security Investigations: IP Investigations; Cyber Crime; Money Laundering; Human Trafficking
- Customs and Border Protection: What do They REALLY do?
Harumi reunited with Mark Rosen, Esq., Brooklyn Law School, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, who serves as Program Chair and Moderator.
NYCLA’s Continuing Legal Education Institute set up the program to inform the public, lawyers, corporations and national security practitioners about the latest developments in the area of cyber security, national security, threats, privacy, and the evolving role and responsibilities of attorneys and firms in the time of COVID and beyond.
HUT Consulting Updates NYC Legal Community on Cybersecurity Amidst Mandatory Work From Home in a COVID-19 Environment
Harumi Urata-Thompson is often asked to keep members of the NYCLA Continuing Legal Education Institute abreast of the latest issues impacting the intersection of Tech, Security, and Business practices. During the current pandemic, with so many people working from home and telecommuting, cybersecurity issues are at the forefront.
Harumi reunited with Mark Rosen, Esq., Brooklyn Law School, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, and Guy Robinson, IT Consultant on the panel of experts presenting at the event. They addressed steps lawyers can take to protect themselves and their clients, ethical considerations, and scams and hacks to watch out for.
“Bad actors never take vacation so why should we ever stop learning?”
Harumi Urata-Thompson, CEO, HUT Consulting